If you have extra items in your home or office that are taking up unnecessary space, storage units allow you to free up additional space, whether on a short-term or long-term basis. Whether you are looking to store important documents, furniture or vehicles, climate-controlled storage units may be for you.
Once you have decided that you need a place to store some of your belongings, the next question becomes how to choose the correct unit size. Size is important because you don’t want to pay for storage space that you aren’t actually using.
Here is a brief look at some of the climate-controlled storage units offered at UltraStor and a description of what can fit inside. Storage units range from 20 square feet to 400 square feet. The standard storage unit is 8 feet tall. To get an idea of UltraStor’s full range of storage unit sizes and rates, click here.
- 4 x 5 (20 sq feet): Ideal for storing a few boxes, golf clubs, luggage, etc., but not furniture
- 10 x 10 (100 sq feet): Two-bedroom apartment or condo
- 10 x 30 (300 sq feet): Four-bedroom home with appliances
- What Items Are You Storing?The first thing to consider is what items will be going into the storage unit.
- Estimate the Floor SpaceNext, you will need to determine how much floor space you will need. To get an idea, measure your largest items with a tape measure. It may also be helpful to place your items out on the floor to get a rough estimate of how much square footage you might need. If you are still unsure about what unit size you will need, do not hesitate to contact one of our certified storage consultants, who will be more than happy to make a recommendation.
- Account for a PathwayConsider if you will be packing your items tightly or if you will leaving some additional room. UltraStor recommends leaving at least enough space to allow for a pathway to access items at the back of your storage unit.
- Account for All Dimensions (Length/Width/Height)Be sure to account for all three dimensions, including the length, width and height of your storage unit, and use all space to your advantage. For example, you can take advantage of the vertical space of your storage unit by turning a sofa on its head.
If you are interested in climate-controlled storage units in Burlington, contact UltraStor today. We are a state-of-the-art storage facility that offers an extensive range of unit sizes so you only pay for exactly what you need.